Vigil for Skadi

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Wayland

Hárbarðr
Many of you know Skadi, our mixed terrier.

Many also know that she is about twenty years old now and has had a few strokes over the last year or so.

Tonight was a bad night and we are sitting up with her now waiting for the vet to open for what will probably be her final journey, if she makes it that far.

I cannot tell you how sad we feel right now.

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
Oh hell Gary, not great news at all... :(

It's so hard to know what to say in situations like this but I'm so sorry for you and Debs and my thoughts are with you both and Skadi.

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
I wish I could do or say something that would actually help. I can't. But please know that you have my sympathy and you're in my prayers.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Sorest thing to have to do :sigh: but a very great and gentle kindness too. No more pain or fear, just a long sleep.

I'm so sorry Gary; it always hurts, and it's a huge loss.
For such a wee scrap of a dog she touched so many hearts :) Twenty years is good innings; especially to be loved and cared for.

I hope it's a quiet and gentle sleep away.

Our little grouphug smilie is too happy for the hug I want to give you and Debs; you'll just have to do if for me.

Mary

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
I'm so very sorry to hear of Skadi's troubles - if it was an easy thing to face, eveen with the knowledge of it's immenence, she wouldn't have had a life of love and security; I know it doesn't do any good right now but your consolation will be the fact that you gave her a life of security and one filled with love. I really do feel your pain.

Wayland

Hárbarðr
She's gone, taking a little bit of our hearts with her.

Gary_and_Skadi.jpg

Rest in peace old girl.

Stringmaker

Native
Sep 6, 2010
UK
That has got to hurt like hell; I know I am still raw from last week.

Cry it out and hold onto all the happy memories.

RIP.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE