Tripod Wanted.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Melonfish

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 8, 2009
Warrington, UK
Hi guys,
I'm looking for a decent sized tripod with pan hanger etc, this is for my scout group for our camps ;)
give me a shout via PM if you have one for sale or can source, Cheers!
Pete

Last edited:

Melonfish

Jan 8, 2009
Warrington, UK
Mild steel is good too, i was just looking for survivability, scouts never make for the most careful of users :D cheers for the links!

leealanr

Apr 17, 2006
Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
I have a wrought iron tripod which was made for me and never used which I was going to put up for sale this weekend.

It has a chain and pot hanger.

Pm me, I live in South, Norfolk.

Alan lee.

rancid badger

I'd be very surprised if you could actually get a cast iron tripod:confused:

It wouldn't last long at all, being so brittle.

I think you might find that in fact, almost all tripods are made from mild steel, steel "re-bar" or in some rare cases, actual wrought iron ( though I think a lot of people confuse hand worked mild steel for "wrought iron" these days)

good luck

Steve

Big Stu 12

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
Mild steel is good too, i was just looking for survivability, scouts never make for the most careful of users :D cheers for the links!

We use one at the Suffolk meet that was left out all the time between Meets at the permission we use, once the fire/smoke, gets to it in a few months it will go black with tar from the fires.. :)

Melonfish

Jan 8, 2009
Warrington, UK
quite right, i think i got carried away with cast iron due to dutch ovens etc.
pm's going out to those who've responded, cheers

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE