TONY MODS AND ANY ONE ELSE WHO use the internet

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

drewdunnrespect

On a new journey
Aug 29, 2007
teesside
www.drewdunnrespect.com
hiya gang

now i am a member of BFF (British Farming Forum) and well i have just tried to access it and i was given this message

[FONT=verdana, geneva, lucida, lucida grande, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]It would appear this server has been illegally accessed (hacked) this morning. There is a danger email addresses and passwords have been stolen as well as private messages. Anybody who is using the same password on this site as other sites (including email accounts) is encouraged to change all their passwords immediately. You may wish to view http://www.stop-idfraud.co.uk7[/FONT]

[FONT=verdana, geneva, lucida, lucida grande, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Now having spoken to a mod who i am friends with from that forum i thought i should point out that crims are using TFT software to break in to the vault in the forum to steal everyone's personal dater. Now i cant explain how the TFT software works but there targeting any forum that use vbullitin software. So i thought i would give u all a heads up because if you use the same password and email address for this forum and your bank accout and paypal and any other forums facebooks and what not they could course u major trouble.
[/FONT]
Anyways just thought i would let u no after i have just had to change one or to passwords to protect myself

drew

Feb 12, 2013
Reading
If you think you have been hacked, then it might be worth looking into something like lastpass (or 1password if you are an apple household). I swear by it these days to avoid exactly this fear of having a single password across multiple sites.

Nov 29, 2004
Scotland
If you think you have been hacked, then it might be worth looking into something like lastpass (or 1password if you are an apple household). I swear by it these days to avoid exactly this fear of having a single password across multiple sites.

lastpass works on Apple machines too. :)

Jul 12, 2012
Liverpool
There is a million and one factors when it comes to a data compromise it's not just a VB issue (although at times VB can seem honorificly borked and don't do disclosure well), and also if it's passwords if they are hashed with a salt they are nearly useless unless you have a huge amount of rainbow tables to run them agenst and even then it's not worth the effort just for a forum account, if it was digital banking or paypal I would be more worried and if you have been less than wise and reused your paypal or banking password I would change that just to be safe.

I recommend every one uses a different password for different sites / services it's just basic good security.

dwardo

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
Rather than a different password for every site have a different take on the same password for all sites. Make the first or last part of your password a kind of standard then add something unique to that site. Easier to remember I find. Every now and then change your Main part of the password.
I have to remember a daft amount of passwords at any one time and this helps no end.
Clear as mud.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE