Time to say Goodbye_from Abbe!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Abbe Osram

Native
Nov 8, 2004
Sweden
milzart.blogspot.com
Dear Friends!

Today the time for me too has come to cut the sails and say Goodbye!
I had 2 wonderful years here at BCUK, only the last couple of months I started to miss more and more the old timers here, the old gang sharing the same interests, writing more stuff about Bushcraft than kit related thoughts and info.

I think Tony you do a good job keeping the forum family friendly, I think in that way you got a great forum here. But something happened; I don’t know exactly what you guys do wrong but it looks like that your moderator team is disappointing a lot of old timers, in the way they do their job. I never really understood all the censorship going on in areas, which are clearly related to Bushcraft.

I got Threads censored which had to do with hunting brown bears, skinning foxes, weapons and ammo and several others. Anyhow, I thought I will not give up so easily so I stayed on.

Today again, I got a post censored, simply being cut out. I don’t understand why I was not asked before, got an explanation from the moderators, or simply got a chance to understand why?

Well, we heard it again and again that you moderators don’t need to ask, that the forum is not a democracy etc etc. Ok, I accept that but what I don’t accept is that you cut my post while you keep the political slander against fur handling in the Thread about the baker tent, while you cut out my answer to that green nit wit, talking about stuff he doesn’t have a clue about.

I must say that this feels quite strange after I have been a very active member here for 2 years, people know that I write very balanced posts, share informative knowledge and do my best to make this forum and interesting place. I admit I was doing better some month ago but then again I am a team player and more and more guys I liked to kick the ball around, got banned.

The time for me here at BCUK is over. There is no right and wrong, maybe I simply don’t find my kind of people here anymore.

To all my friends, who are still here, please stay in contact with me via my webpage , I really enjoyed you all and would like to know how you are doing!

Keep in contact guys!
Yours
Abbe

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Dear Abbe,
I'm sorry you feel you need to leave, and we will miss you. I have greatly enjoyed your posts and you added a lot to the forum.
Hope the future is busily productive and satisfying for you, and that you come back and visit sometime.
atb,
Mary

swyn

Life Member
Nov 24, 2004
Eastwards!
Dear Abbe Osram. I know where you are coming from! Will miss your posts. Always an informed piece written. Wish I could write that well. All the very best from Swyn

mal

Forager
Sep 20, 2004
Blackpool
sorry to see you go Abbewhy not add a forum to your on site :) i for one would like to know moor about hunting and stuff.

Ogri the trog

Mod
Mod
Apr 29, 2005
Mid Wales UK
Abbe,
Don't feel that you need to apologise for anything.
People change, things change, life goes on.
I'll pop into your webpage now and again to see that you are getting on with enjoying your great life there.
Take care, have fun, and many, many thanks for enlightening us with your knowledge and skills.

All the best to you Abbe.

Ogri the trog

Reactions: Toddy

ScottC

Banned
May 2, 2004
uk
Abbe you've always been very balanced in your posts and showed great knowledge and experience with the subject. You've spoken out against those who have criticised the handling of bcuk before so something must be wrong if you feel the need to leave!

Seagull

Settler
Jul 16, 2004
Gåskrikki North Lincs
I know, Abbe, that some things just have to be .

Like many others here, I have greatly enjoyed the informed posts you,ve made.
Never forgetting, the guts and determination you,ve showed, when making life decisions.

We have to go, where we have to go.

Shabash! may good wishes, good laughs and good fortune go with you.

Seagull

C_Claycomb

Moderator staff
Mod
Oct 6, 2003
Bedfordshire
Abbe, don't go over something that minor. You make good posts. The one you talk about getting cut was a really good post, it just got caught in the crossfire.

If you feel that you must go, then I wish you well, you and your posts will be missed. However I don't see that there is a need to burn your bridges and go for good. You will always be welcome here. As people have said, things change, and you never know, they may one day change back to something that you feel suits you better. :)

All the best.

Spacemonkey

Native
May 8, 2005
Llamaville.
www.jasperfforde.com
Abbe, sorry to hear you feel that way, but i know what you mean. As you are one of the few here who are actually 'living the life' I think all your posts are of great relevance to those of us that can only dream. You're a great inspiration mate!

Möge dir dein Weg leicht werden
Möge dir der Wind immer von hinten kommen
Möge dir die Sonne warm ins Gesicht scheinen
Möge dir ein sanfter Regen auf die Felder fallen
und bis wir uns wiedersehen
möge Odin dich in seiner Hand halten.

:beerchug:
(Hope that's right!)

morch

Native
May 19, 2005
Darlington
Förmiddagen Abbe

för hälsningar som I är ledsen till dig, går min vän.

Ditt postar, och foto har alltid intresserat och mycket användbart.

Jag önskar dig alla lycka i världen inför framtiden.

Dave

anthonyyy

Settler
Mar 5, 2005
ireland
It is rarely a good idea to make permanent decisions when you are angry. Why not just decide not to post here for a few months.?

You can be certain that nobody will think less of you if you change your mind.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE