The Way Back

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

FerlasDave

Jun 18, 2008
Off the beaten track
Anyone seen this film? I watched it last night and its quite entertaining, and a great bushcraft film. Aparently based on a true story too. 7 men escape from a russian war prison and walk over 4000 miles through 3 countries to escape and get to india.

launditch1

Maker Plus and Trader
Nov 17, 2008
Eceni county.
Yep.Its ace and i'd recommend it to anyone!I like the navigation with a stick and the birchbark goggles...
Excellent final scene too.

Nov 29, 2004
Scotland
I have yet to see the film, no not a true story although for a long time people believed that it was, however it turns out that this story may actually be based on the exploits of a completely separate group of escapees. More info in this earlier thread. :)

Last edited:

SMARTY

Nomad
May 4, 2005
UAE
www.survivalwisdom.com
The film is not a patch on the book it is based on. The book "The long walk" by Slavomir Rawicz ISBN- 978-1-84529-644-5. This book contains one of the best accounts of death from dehydration I have ever read. I was discussing the book with RM after he had met with Mr Rawicz and talked to him about the "walk". The interesting bits for me are the bits the film left out. A must read IMHO.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE