The perfect camp chair?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Wayne

Mod
Mod
Dec 7, 2003
West Sussex
www.forestknights.co.uk
After the Wintermoot, I’m In the market for a comfortable camp chair that doesn’t feel like it’s about to break every time I seat down and more importantly allows me to get out of it once seated.

Main use will be chilling around the campfire watching others work. Occasionally I’ll be seated whittling or instructing.

What’s considered the best light but strong camp chair on the market in the UK. Google is full of brands that don’t seem to ship here or cost silly money.

Budget up to £80

Broch

Life Member
Jan 18, 2009
Mid Wales
www.mont-hmg.co.uk
I think this is a very subjective topic; different people look for different things. I've had loads of chairs over the years and the one thing that was consistent, despite paying quite high prices for some, was that they broke due to the insistence of the manufacturers of putting holes/pins/screws through aluminium tubing. Typically just as you're pushing yourself up on the arms after a few glasses of malt :)

So, I've resorted to using directors' style chairs (as shown at the Winter Moot below). They are much stronger, you can get up without fear of the legs breaking, there's a fold away table to the side for your drink etc. & pockets on the other side for tools (or a bottle :) ). They are probably not the luxury comfort of some designs but I like the seating position for 'doing stuff'.

directors chair.jpg

Van-Wild

Feb 17, 2018
UK
If it will cope with the bulk of the average Afrikaner then it should support with the average Brit with a bit to spare! ;)
I'd recommend Front Runner products to anyone who spends time in the outdoors. Top of the range robust kit but not very pricy when u compare it to other brands, especially if durability is high on your list of priorities!

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
Fishermen like to sit in chairs for long periods of time.

A few of them are gravimetrically challenged as well so some of the fishing products are both tough and comfy.

Yup, that's very true which is why I got this from a bootfair for £20.

New they're about £80, solidly built, adjustable legs so you can set it up for your exact preference and has adjustable back whch is very handy for a snooze by the fire :)

20180721_140055_resized.jpg

Reactions: Van-Wild

Robson Valley

Nov 24, 2014
McBride, BC
Mesquite: that is the design of chair that I need. Do I see "FOX" brand?
Sitting is not the issue for me. Trying to stand up again is the puzzle.
I have to get my feet & legs under me for my crappy sense of balance.
Then I can launch myself out of the chair and keep from tipping over with my cane.

l those other chairs have some criss-cross nest of tubes below the front.

Robson Valley

Nov 24, 2014
McBride, BC
Not much bank fishing here for anything. Either mountain rivers or on a lake in a boat.
There are 180 different camp chairs in the Home Depot online catalog and just 2 of them do not have criss-cross bars under the front.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE