TESCO Heads-up

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Frogo

Forager
Jul 29, 2004
For all those who like the boil in the bag meals (pouched food), tesco are doing a range of 3 types of curry, Thai, Tikka and Korma all for 99p.

torc

Settler
Nov 23, 2005
left coast, ireland
Unfortunately we don't have these in Ireland, retort pouches are still a rather esoteric item over here.
We do not have "Look What We Found" meals but things are looking up, my local Tesco are now stocking "It's A Free World" (http://www.thejollygourmand.co.uk/pour-over-sauces?sort=20a&filter_id=3&alpha_filter_id=0) and the "Free From" range.
Both of these pouched foods are made by the Tanfield Food Co. (UK DM015 EC), the maker of LWWF.
The chicken korma sauce contains no meat but when mixed with plenty of precooked rice it makes a hearty meal.
Happy trails...torc.

nitrambur

Settler
Jan 14, 2010
Nottingham
Whereabouts in the store are they hiding these? Our local Tesco has a habit of putting things in odd places, i.e. no tape measures on the diy display but a card full of them next to the crisps at the other end of the store.

markie*mark0

Settler
Sep 21, 2010
warrington
Well I went foraging.......

fb72e5ca.jpg

a8cfc71d.jpg

876abb4c.jpg

fa92f9ba.jpg

5810c98b.jpg

Hope this helps?

Last edited:

torc

Settler
Nov 23, 2005
left coast, ireland
You guys are lucky in the UK, we don't have a fraction of this interesting stuff in Tesco Ireland.
Every now and then they stock some really bizzare things like pickled eggs and Gentleman's Relish.
Everybody I told about these strange foods had never heard off them before and were not inclined to try them either.
Happy trails...torc.

markie*mark0

Settler
Sep 21, 2010
warrington
You guys are lucky in the UK, we don't have a fraction of this interesting stuff in Tesco Ireland.
Every now and then they stock some really bizzare things like pickled eggs and Gentleman's Relish.
Everybody I told about these strange foods had never heard off them before and were not inclined to try them either.
Happy trails...torc.

If you want i can buy one and mail it accross to you ? not sure if it'll hold up agaisnt the royal mail delivery service tho hahaha

torc

Settler
Nov 23, 2005
left coast, ireland
Thanks for the offer Markie but I travel to the UK pretty often and I pick up a few things to sample each time.
A curious thing occurred the last time myself and a friend were in London a few weeks ago.
My pal scored a load of LWWF meals going cheap in Waitrose's.
Our luggage was only an overnight carry on bag each.
I warned him about the ban on liquids, gels and pastes etc. being allowed in the aircraft cabin on the way home.
He said he would take his chances with security anyway and if they catch him it was a fair cop.
The stews and sauces made it through the x-ray machines no problem.
I had passed up so many opportunities to bring home such treats over the last few years. Oh well.
Happy trails...torc.

dave53

On a new journey
Jan 30, 2010
wales
think i will go forageing to like big al will have to test one though as normally curry gives me the poops not recamended while camping regards dave
ps sorry to degrade the thread lol

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE