Terra Nova Titan Bivy Bag

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Harald

Jan 4, 2010
Belgium
Maybe some of you know I was searching for a bivy bag a few months ago.
Well I chose for the Terra Nova Titan because of the weight and the materials.
It's quite an expensive bivy (I bought it for 279,99£ :eek:) but it's wort the money, this is my opinion.

You can see some pictures of it with added to the pictures some text at this website: http://pangaea-yep.com/m/photos/browse/album/Camping-gear/owner/Harald

If you want I can also post them here but it's easier for me when you just go and watch them on the other site. I've got some more pictures so just post if you want to see some more about the storm flaps, zippers, hood or something else :)

Hope you like it and just say what you would like to see more in this review :rolleyes:

Last edited:

hertsboy

Forager
May 16, 2009
Watford, Hertfordshire
Thanks Harald, but can you please explain to me why that bag is worth £280?

I recently bought a Terra Nova Jupiter bivvy bag on ebay for £100, brand new. £230 retail, I believe, but I reckoned the £100 was just about what it was worth. More than £100 for a bivvy baf seems crazy.

Many would say more than £50 is crazy.

Maybe some of you know I was searching for a bivy bag a few months ago.
Well I chose for the Terra Nova Titan because of the weight and the materials.
It's quite an expensive bivy (I bought it for 279,99£ :eek:) but it's wort the money, this is my opinion.

You can see some pictures of it with added to the pictures some text at this website: http://pangaea-yep.com/m/photos/browse/album/Camping-gear/owner/Harald

If you want I can also post them here but it's easier for me when you just go and watch them on the other site. I've got some more pictures so just post if you want to see some more about the storm flaps, zippers, hood or something else :)

Hope you like it and just say what you would like to see more in this review :rolleyes:

Harald

Jan 4, 2010
Belgium
Well, I haven't had any other bivy bags so can't compare but I wanted something real good and it should be light compact and have a dubbel zipper like this one has so you can get in and out of it easy and this bag looked great for me. Haven't noticed anything that I would change (only the name tag at the hood that gets sooked with water). I think that the best is wort some money, I also need it for long distance walks were it shouldn't fail on me when in the midle of no where.

hertsboy

Forager
May 16, 2009
Watford, Hertfordshire
Well, Harald, you;ve bought it now so you should enjoy it. Terra Nova are a good make - I've got the Jupiter as I mentioned before and also a simpler one (can;t remember the name of it now).

But, like most people, I started off paying a lot of money for kit, as I went to the local outdoors shops.

Then I found out that there are much better value sources of gear - army surplus and Endicotts for example. Probably similar ones in Belgium. Also, there's a lot of gear you can make yourself for free or very little money.

It's not that I;m short of money --- just mean, I suppose. And making stuff yourself is very satisfying.

Well, I haven't had any other bivy bags so can't compare but I wanted something real good and it should be light compact and have a dubbel zipper like this one has so you can get in and out of it easy and this bag looked great for me. Haven't noticed anything that I would change (only the name tag at the hood that gets sooked with water). I think that the best is wort some money, I also need it for long distance walks were it shouldn't fail on me when in the midle of no where.

redandshane

Native
Oct 20, 2007
Batheaston
Hi Harald
I ask this with no prejudice at all

Have you slept in the bag?
Its llovely and Zipped up etc
how did it feel on an ovenight sleep?

Harald

Jan 4, 2010
Belgium
Yeah, on the first photo you can see my dad standing beside it and he just woke me. It feld great didn't have any claustrophobic feelings or so, like some on here said could happen in a bivy bag. There wasn't any condensation in the bag and no rain came trough.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE