Tarred bank line

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Leshy

Jun 14, 2016
Wiltshire
A question for the community...
🙏

I was after a few metres of strong 1mm or 1.5 cord ....
but I'm struggling to find an English supplier of either bank line or dyneema/amsteel cord in muted colours and of that diameter.

Evilbay bank line comes from the States and both the postage and the wait are just painful...

I'm not after fishing line , I'm really after something braided , such as dyneema .
But bank line would do nicely!

Is there a known English supplier that i may have missed ?

Thank you all in advance!

Last edited:

Leshy

Jun 14, 2016
Wiltshire
how much of it do you need?

Hi! Just 10 metres would do actually but i just didn't want to buy a 100m spool either ...😀

I can trade stuff as well .

Lumps of Flint ( un-knapped) , crampball fungui , nesting coffee tin sets (to make that woodgas stove that I'll never get around to😊), lots of camouflage paracord amongst many others ...

Last edited:

Corso

Aug 13, 2007
none
thebushcraftstore usually has some but they seem to be out at the moment you could ask them

I

Leshy

Jun 14, 2016
Wiltshire
Thanks Corso , i noticed that too.
I might well ask when the next order is in ....

I might actually just put a few items up for trade and see if anyone got some spare .
But I'm willing to pay for it too ...
👍

Cheers

Last edited:

Leshy

Jun 14, 2016
Wiltshire
Cheers Marc !

I got something for you too... Drop us a pm with your address again please bud?
Been meaning to ask...

Thank you

Last edited:

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
Got some Excell pro but it's 2mm...............if you don't get fixed up and that'd do you let me know and I can spare 10 m.

Leshy

Jun 14, 2016
Wiltshire
Thank you Macaroon 👍👍

Would do.. I got 2mm dyneema , but it's just too thick for the job.
Trying to thread through a 1.5 eyelet. 😒

But thank you for the offer though!

Last edited:

Allans865

Nov 17, 2016
East Kilbride
There's a website that sells Dyneema cord from 1mm upwards called Dinghy-rope.co.uk

You should find what you're after on there

Hope this helps

Allan

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Bishop

Jan 25, 2014
Pencader
In the time before zip-ties every electronics tech was taught how to use lacing-cord (sometimes called lacing tape) for binding cable bundles. Comes in a couple of varieties, round with a soft PVC coating that binds like bank-line or as a flat weave akin to miniature mule-tape with a coating to increase friction.

aw--lacing--2013-10-05--08--whipping.jpg

White Polyamide specs:
1,2 x 0,4mm tape on a 200m roll is under £10, 13daN breaking strain or about 28lbs
1.4 x 0.6mm breaks at 39daN / 85lbs

Sadly the most common colours are white, black & blue but there are other providers. Also available in Nomex fire resistant versions.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE