Suggestions for a video camera please?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

maddave

Jan 2, 2004
Manchester UK
I'm looking for a video camera for doing the odd movie. I tried with the video setting on my compact camera and frankly it's naff. It doesn't have to be all singing all dancing just something that I can bung a few clips on youtube n stuff.

Criteria:
Small
Light
SDHC storage
Semi decent sound or a facility for a remote mic
Sub £150 if poss
rotating monitor if poss

I'm not knowledgeable on video stuff and please try not to recommend an amazing £700 camera, I simply can't afford it :)

Thanks in advance

wingstoo

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
May 12, 2005
South Marches
Just messaged them to ask about any sort of warranty - £60 for a waterproof video camera seems unreasonably cheap.

k [h=5]What is B-Grade?[/h] B-Grade includes used and unused returned products, end of line, slightly marked or refurbished products.
To ensure peace of mind each product comes with our 12 month guarantee having been fully tested by our team of in-house technicians.
What's even more attractive, all of the B-Grade products are reduced in price!

drowso

Jun 9, 2013
Leicester, UK
With 12 month, I'm gonna go for one. I shall report when it arrives, anything anyone wants to know?

Identifying part numbers, battery #, etc?

EDIT: After checkout email indicates this product is "WSL" (While Stocks Last) so I'd assume it is a discontinued model.

Last edited:

drowso

Jun 9, 2013
Leicester, UK
Removable battery pack model PAC-0040.

Don't have time for proper review till Monday. Looks like it's AC charging, not USB, which is a shame for those of us who love little solar chargers.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE