Stumbled across some bushcraft gold

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

mercurykev

Forager
Sep 6, 2011
Musselburgh
I was wandering around the Bruntsfield are of Edinburgh when I came across this sight in a shop called Nordic Outdoors:

2013-04-07%2014.41.26.jpg

The shop also had the biggest range of Mora knifes I've seen along with a place where you can practice lighting a fire with a firesteel (by the way I'm not connected with the place in anyway, just thought Edinburgh bushcrafters might be interested). I didn't even know the shop was there but was speaking to the owner who said they opened in November. So much nice stuff but I managed to resist a spree (although I might have to go back pre-birthday)

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
I've used them a few times online, a visit to the shop would be good one day though.

I think they've had another shop in Edinburgh for a few years

SCOMAN

Life Member
Dec 31, 2005
Perthshire
I've visited them down in the Leith vicinity I think it was. Nice people, lovely kit but a tad pricey. They do have some good sales though and usually make a showing at the game fairs and the Highland show.

Oakleaf

Jun 6, 2004
Moray
Think its still Casper?

Been around for awhile - including an old 'church hall' type building down in Leith - solid guy.

mercurykev

Forager
Sep 6, 2011
Musselburgh
I've just found their website and see that they do have an Granton and Keswick stores. Don't know why I've never noticed the Granton store, I've driven past there plenty of times.

Miyagi

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 6, 2008
South Queensferry
Windward on here works in the Granton shop.

Great service and a good helpful bunch they are indeed.

Priced a bit out of my range unfortunately.

Liam

Paul_B

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 14, 2008
Cumbria
Visited Keswick shop when just opened. They were still kitting the shop out. Expensive kit, all norrona waterproofs and the similar ilk.expensive! Lots of Nordic base layers too. Think they have Bryn (bad spelling) who make wool stringy base layers. Think very warm base layers as popular in Scandinavian countries.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE