Stolen Kit

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

beenn

Banned
Nov 16, 2009
South Wales
Was out today on a walk and to try out my new DD tarp- went to find some fire wood and got back and my rucksack was gone!
Suppose it was my fault for leaving my kit as i thought the area was not used.. but i was just wondering if anyone had any kit they no longer use and would sell/swap could they could pm me what they have and price or what they would swap, as i am now trying to build my kit back up.
I have some kit that was left at home but I need to replace what was stolen but have low funds at the moment!
Many thanks for reading, Ben.

beenn

Banned
Nov 16, 2009
South Wales
In my pack i had my DD tarp
traditional fire lighting kit
trangia stove- never used
meths
nalgene bottle
optinel knife
new mora knife
new laplander saw
bandanna
dc4
new millbank- never used
billy can i made myself
hexi stove but i have a spare
firelighting kit with firesteel, cotton balls, lifeboat matches ect
some puri tabs and a first aid kit
new head torch
small cheap hatchet
paracord
platypus
small frying pan

I have been building my kit and alot was new as i took it out today to use it but never mind! :(

_mark_

Settler
May 3, 2010
Google Earth
I've got a unused zebra billy and a 35ltr dpm rucksack plus some other bits and bobs you can have mate if it helps just pm me your addy. Sorry to hear you got robbed.

chris_irwin

Nomad
Jul 10, 2007
oxfordshire
Have you reported it to the police? I'd keep an eye out on ebay for your kit. If you see a bunch of the items from the same seller, it's likely to be yours.

bilmo-p5

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 5, 2010
west yorkshire
I've a litre alu water bottle and a frying pan spare (non-stick or plain alu - your choice).

PM me if you want 'em.

beenn

Banned
Nov 16, 2009
South Wales
I have spoke to a community support officer which i bumped into on my walk home but she said there no point reporting it as it was in a area where anyone could of been... but i will keep an eye out on ebay.
Thankyou to everyone for your help, I really appreciate it- your all very kind :)

Samon

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 24, 2011
Britannia!
I have spoke to a community support officer which i bumped into on my walk home but she said there no point reporting it as it was in a area where anyone could of been... but i will keep an eye out on ebay.
Thankyou to everyone for your help, I really appreciate it- your all very kind :)

Check the trade-it aswell mate, the stuff might end up on there if it's not on ebay. That..or the time bandits took it. ;)

chris_irwin

Nomad
Jul 10, 2007
oxfordshire

Doesn't sound like a particularly helpful response from a Community Support Officer. I say report it anyway, you've got nothing to lose and at least you have the possibility of getting your stuff back.

beenn

Banned
Nov 16, 2009
South Wales
I will visit the station tomorrow but the officer i talked to didnt seem to know much about it herself, I didnt mention the knife in the bag to her though...

wingstoo

May 12, 2005
South Marches
Yes you should report it as there may have been other incidents in the area or it may get some posters put up to say about possible problems in the area, also, you never know, someone might have seen it without you around and taken it into "safe custody" and gone down the local police station or rRsangers post and handed it all in, not everyone is a tealeaf are they?

Wingstoo

Samon

Mar 24, 2011
Britannia!
Yes you should report it as there may have been other incidents in the area or it may get some posters put up to say about possible problems in the area, also, you never know, someone might have seen it without you around and taken it into "safe custody" and gone down the local police station or rRsangers post and handed it all in, not everyone is a tealeaf are they?

Wingstoo

Let's hope the tealeaf won't use his/her newly aquired kit to hurt anyone i.e hatchet/knife..

Best mention it to the coppers buddy!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE