Squirrel "Massacre"

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Another irrational, emotional and ill informed outburst by the lunatic fringe of the vegetarian militants.

If it was printed on soft paper their opinions would have a use

locum76

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Oct 9, 2005
Kirkliston
Such articles need to be printed so we know what kind of madness lurks at the far ends of the sanity bell curve.

Jun 13, 2010
North Wales
I quote:
"Vegetarians International Voice for Animals (Viva) accused a branch of Budgens of supporting a "barbaric and needless cull" of grey squirrels."

Ummmmm. Grey squirrels are an alien species right? Vermin even? *** are these people on about??? Awww cute cuddly squiwells...awwwwwww. Morons.

Melonfish

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 8, 2009
Warrington, UK
THREE OR FOUR POUNDS EACH?!!!!

i hope he wraps em in gold foil, robbin sod...

as for the bbc? their standard of reporting has dropped over the years and now they're printing tripe that belongs in a trashy tabloid.
nuff said.

trail2

Nomad
Nov 20, 2008
Canton S.Dakota (Ex pat)
At that price I may just start to ship my surplus tree rats (my dogs love them) over to the nice gent and ask 1.5GP each. That way I'm helping stem this unconscionable massacre and making a little on the deal.:cool:
What a bunch of morons!!!

sam_acw

Native
Sep 2, 2005
Tyneside
I don't get the quote about gruesome meats in the sidebar either. It's no different to eat one animal than another

tobes01

May 4, 2009
Hampshire
Aw, but dey've got cute fwuffy wickle tails... Earlier this week the RSPCA secured a successful criminal conviction against some poor s*d who'd trapped a squirrel on his bird table and drowned it in a water butt. They said he caused unnecessary suffering. And this is when DEFRA's own guidance recommends putting the tree rat in a sack and hitting it with a stick.

Several years back I lived next to a mad old bat who fed the foxes (despite several neighbours keeping chickens), squirrels etc. She asked if I fed the vixen who came round (I didn't, I'd set the dogs after her the night we moved in and she came scrounging at the kitchen door). I responded 'yes'. She lit up, and said 'oh that's wonderful, I'm so pleased that you do.' I responded 'I shoot the squirrels out of the oak and throw the bodies over the fence for her.'

That neighbour never spoke to me again.

:D

ScotchDave

Forager
Jan 6, 2010
Glasgow/California
I've made a complaint to the BBC complaints service, the article is unbalanced as it fails to mention that grey squirrels are invasive and carry disease that kills native reds. Do the same.

David

pango

Nomad
Feb 10, 2009
Fife
The problem is that these neurotic nut-cutlet and fruit-loops are actually being listened to.

Prepare yourself for a repeat of the televised waterworks and bubbling-match we saw during a blockade of horse meat going off to the continent a few years ago, mostly by middle/upper middle class women with too much time on their hands between polishing saddles and school-runs in their pristine 4x4's.

A succulent piece of meat would do them the world of good!

elma

Sep 22, 2005
Ynysddu south wales
a few years ago, a lady down the road from me kept pestering me for a rabbit, one morning I'd shot a few greys for the ferrets and thought it a laugth to skin 2 and give the to her as young rabbits she loved them and kept comming back for more.
Never had the bottle to tell her what they really were

nickliv

Settler
Oct 2, 2009
Aberdeenshire
petad.gif

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE