1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, We're having our annual Winter Moot and we'd love you to come. PLEASE LOOK HERE to secure your place and get more information.
    For forum threads CLICK HERE
    Dismiss Notice

Small polytunnel

Discussion in 'The Homestead' started by bigbear, Aug 6, 2014.

1. bigbear

bigbear Full Member

I want a polytunnel for the allotment, 2.5 x 2 m.
    Ordered one from Ebay, paid, got numerous instructions re waiting in for delivery, got a text from Parcel force saying when it would be delivered, and.........nothing happened.
    Paypal refunded the money, I contacted the seller, and they said, Oh yes, it was out of stock !!
    So, does anyone know of a reliable supplier of ones this size, as most makers dont go this small ?
    thanks,
    Nick

2. Dave Budd

Dave Budd Gold Trader
    Staff Member

3. Coldfeet

Coldfeet Full Member

4. Dave Budd

Dave Budd Gold Trader
    Staff Member

that's a bit smaller than the 2m polytunnel mentioned, but it's a useful link :) They also have poly tunnels http://www.primrose.co.uk/polytunnel-greenhouse-p-23306.html?src=suggest amongst others. cheeper too, good find

n.b. the one I linked to is a small 'garden' variety. They have proper polytunnels too, just type 'polytunnel' into the search bar. I think I looked at them (ie these exact tunnels) a while ago when I was considering using one as a shed alternative in my woods. I ended up buying some pop up garages instead, but then I don't need the sun coming through

#4 Dave Budd, Aug 6, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 6, 2014
  5. bigbear

bigbear Full Member

Very helpful, as we are about to go on holiday I shall be looking closely at some of these on my return.
    Thanks !

6. Coldfeet

Coldfeet Full Member

No worries, glad it can be of use, and enjoy your hols :)

7. Harmonica

Harmonica Forager

I got mine from First tunnels http://www.firsttunnels.co.uk/ in 10 foot square which is pretty big. Reliable, fairly easy to put up (two person job though) and top quality. They have a range foo sizes plus loads of accessories to optionally select. Videos and guides are good on the site as well.

Or check out the Polytunnel Handbook which has guidance on building your own from plastic tubing and other things - http://www.amazon.co.uk/The-Polytun...02369&sr=8-1&keywords=the+polytunnel+handbook