1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, We're having our annual Winter Moot and we'd love you to come. PLEASE LOOK HERE to secure your place and get more information.
    For forum threads CLICK HERE
    Dismiss Notice

Seed Saving

Discussion in 'The Homestead' started by bernie66, Jun 11, 2014.

1. bernie66

bernie66 Tenderfoot

2. Toddy

Toddy Mod
    Mod

Yep; isn't it weird how many criminals we'll know ? and how good we're going to be at guerilla gardening. There'll be an entire underground (sorry about the pun) network of rabid, anti-establishment, feral, greenfingered horticulturalists, undermining the big brother eradication of rival seeds; defending biodiversity in the face of big business monoculturalists.

atb,
    M

#2 Toddy, Jun 11, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 11, 2014
  3. bernie66

bernie66 Tenderfoot

I'll be part of the resistance :)

There is a link to a petition btw

4. British Red

British Red M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)

That thread is a year old - they have relaxed the rules somewhat for private gardeners, seed swaps etc.

5. Quixoticgeek

Quixoticgeek Full Member

Relaxed, but they are still pretty restrictive. Who knew that they would want to crack down on something so simple as sharing seeds...

J

6. British Red

British Red M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)

Oh I agree the rules are stupid. So what do we do with stupid rules? :)

7. xylaria

xylaria Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)

Agree completely.

I have to work with phenomenal amount of eu directives. We are in the minority of eu countries in that we havent through some bloody revolution over thrown our ruling classes in a permanent manner. We gave never really had the need. We like our stable country so we have never really developed a sense of revolution. The french the slightest change in the common agricultural policy and paris is brought to a standstill, tell them to cure a sausison by dangling it with plastic string and its "non!". The british kipper smokers just complained and compiled. The Finns if birch tar oil is not on the cleared list of cosmetic ingredients they ignore it and keep using it. Sometimes I think our culture of compliance is getting abused. Other eu counties dont accept regulations as absolute law in the way we do.

#7 xylaria, Jun 12, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 12, 2014