Scrambling snowdon in january

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

FerlasDave

Jun 18, 2008
Off the beaten track
Earlier in the year a friend suggested to me that we climb Snowdon. He has little experience in the mountains (despite being welsh) so I was quite suprised he was so eager to scramble it too. I decided on a fairly easy route and in return for my knowlege on ropes he offered to drive. So we set off in search of the highest point in England and Wales.

The kit including ropes, slings, carrabiners, map, compass, headtorch and waterbottle....

dscn0691j.jpg

At the first Lake or 'Llyn'

dscn0714rg.jpg

Our original plan was to follow Crib Goch, however the weather was slightly worse than forecast, but we were prepared for the worst and decided on a slightly different route.

dscn0713q.jpg

dscn0710b.jpg

And on to the scramble...

dscn0715p.jpg

dscn0717fp.jpg

dscn0731v.jpg

4 hours in total taking it easy and looking after my friend I was quite pleased we made good progress in the conditions...

dscn0732jo.jpg

And finally the top! Though it was quite windy. :)

dscn0736b.jpg

All in all it was a good day of adventures, just a shame its taken me 2 months to get the photos put up.

shaggystu

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 10, 2003
Derbyshire
looks like a good trip mate, i've not been up snowdon in years, and never in the snow, mighty jealous :)

ocean1975

Jan 10, 2009
rochester, kent
Nice one,going up there with two of mates in a couple of weeks time.
preparing for bad weather but fingers crossed it will be a lovely clear spring day.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE