Save Clam Bridge

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

leon-1

I don't know how many of you have ever walked the Bovey Valley on the edge of Dartmoor, but My brother and I were absolutely horrified the other week when we went for a wander.

Neil and I have been walking the valley for years and in all weather conditions at all times of year, nearly every time we have crossed ClamBridge. This has been the case for many walkers and outdoor enthusiast as well as local folk. The bridge is not one of these new health and safety conscious things, but neither is Bovey valley.

Bovey Valley is in fact like taking a step back in time or entering a page from The Lord Of The Rings, it is a ancient and timeless place with a great level of beauty and there in that place is a little old bridge, it's nothing much to look at, it's effectively some logs with a handrail that span the river, but it is totally in keeping with it's surroundings it looks right, it's "OLD".

So totally against the wishes and feelings of the local inhabitants the Dartmoor National Parks authority have decided it has to go and have built a complete mostrosity to replace it.

Now the locals have raised a petition, but they will require as much support as they can get so I am posting here for anyone that knows the bridge to sign the petition to help save the bridge (it will be replaced, but with the same type of bridge in the same place).

Here is a link to the Clam Bridge Wesite and there is a link to the petition at the bottom of the page.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE