SAK id please

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Hi all

My neighbour has asked me to fettle his SAK, he would also like to know which model it is. He gave me these photos for IDing but did not know that it also has a parcel hook and an awl! It is 90 mm long. Does anyone know if there is a web page that I could use to ID SAKs with photos?

He also wondered if the plus scales could fit and could we get GID plus scales.

My question is what do people use to shine/polish the non sharp bit of the blade. Me, I know nothing..

Help please
Mark
sax.jpg
sax.jpg

Attachments

• sax-2.jpg
    sax-2.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:

Magentus

Settler
Oct 1, 2008
West Midlands
GITD scales are hard to find and I don't think they come in the plus model. There are lots of decent ebay sites that do yeloow plus scales for around 10 - 15 quid and they are easy to fit yourself.

For identifying sak models sakwiki is an excellent resource.

Reactions: Mark Baigent

Robson Valley

Nov 24, 2014
McBride, BC
Metal polishes are actually abrasives, so fine that your eyes can't see the microscopic scratches.
I use a mix of chromium oxide and aluminum oxide. Looks quite green.
Worked well to hone wood carving tools for the past 20 years.
Others use straight aluminum oxide which is snow white.
Iron oxides vary across reds to blacks (jeweller's rouge).

I just bought some Brasso to clean up some cheap treasures. I don't know what's in it.
Autosol is highly thought of, no idea again what's in it.

Charge a cotton or felt buffing wheel and see if moderate rpm gives you the shine you want.

Reactions: Mark Baigent

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE