Proposals for setting Daily Catch Limits for Unlicensed/Hobby Fishermen Scotland

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Jul 16, 2016
Scotland
Hi Folks,

My first post here

Being an avid forager since young age, i took to this forum for lots of info on UK foraging since moving here (yes, i'm an immigrant:) ) and thought it'd give some back

As per header, whilst roaming around the fishery web site, i noticed there is a paper consultation online which might affect our ability to forage seafood and shellfish

http://www.gov.scot/Topics/marine/Sea-Fisheries/InshoreFisheries/unlicensed

The limits are pretty tight for the current Joe Blog that pots every now and then and will really make life hard for the forager that only has a day or two a month to go out (in relation to tides level and timing), so, i think we ought to respond to this in a constructive manner before it's too late.

Essentially they say there are anecdotal (nothing scientific or proven) that recreational fishing and potting is affecting the commercial fishermen in Scotland.

This is both untrue and fictitious; another attempt to get us off the cost and into supermarkets.

If that was the case then, i think it highlight a failure of the authority to protect the shores appropriately as well as controlling the market for illegally bought fish and shellfishes; not the responsibility of the true recreational fisherman who uses the shore to forage a little food as well as passing down the fishing skills to his sons, nephews, etc

Therefore, i would invite you all to respond to this consultation as soon as possible or, at the very latest, by 31/07/2016

Cheers,

Francesco

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE