okay its time to get serious about wool

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

drewdunnrespect

On a new journey
Aug 29, 2007
teesside
www.drewdunnrespect.com
so i have a few questions for all you men in the know

one, were is the best place to get a swanni from

two, some of you gentleman are walking round in green wool trousers with leather knee and seat pads now what are these called and were did get them from

three were is cheapest to get some merino wool boxes cos i like the sound of them

drew

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Drew, if it's a shirt your after rather than a jacket I'd have a look at the Bison Bush Guide Shirt. Better shirt these days, Swannis can vary in quality. And yer buying British. Quite often local shooting shops have Swannis on sale and bargins can be had. I do love my Swanndri Hooded Bushshirt though, great outer jacket which has lasted me years so far.

ReamviThantos

Native
Jun 13, 2010
Bury St. Edmunds
Plus one for the Bison gear i've a wool zipped bush shirt and it is awsome, also have a Swanni Ranger shirt which I modded by taking the collar off. Merino boxers ay, that should help out with some masochistic tendancies, i'd stick to cotton in this respect. Just do a photo search of the required items and brands such as woolpower for the undies etc and you'll find lots of suppliers to take your choice of. Good luck.

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
You can't have wollen undies for crying out loud, you can't beat the crap out of wool on rocks in the stream...stick to cotton.

drewdunnrespect

On a new journey
Aug 29, 2007
teesside
www.drewdunnrespect.com
Plus one for the Bison gear i've a wool zipped bush shirt and it is awsome, also have a Swanni Ranger shirt which I modded by taking the collar off. Merino boxers ay, that should help out with some masochistic tendancies, i'd stick to cotton in this respect. Just do a photo search of the required items and brands such as woolpower for the undies etc and you'll find lots of suppliers to take your choice of. Good luck.

cheers for the tip i really apprecieate it and have dunn some searching and found exactly what i wanted thanks drew

Bluffer

Nomad
Apr 12, 2013
North Yorkshire

This is a Swanni bush shirt with wool cuffs replacing the original button cuff, this has really made it a nice shirt for me. I've seen it done on a Bison wool shirt as well, which is where i got the idea from.

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE