NickD

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Aug 10, 2016
east anglia
Hi good people,
I've been a member for a while but IT isn't my friend so I'm not sure I've even managed to introduce myself yet. I did write sth months back .Anyway, hello.I often visit the site and am inspired by all of you.
After some red tape with the Canadian authorities concerning ancient
" indiscretions", I have been certified "rehabilitated" This is obviously
extremely gratifying to know and means I can visit the country, which I plan to do this year. I've looked at Karamat Wilderness Ways in Alberta, which involves some lecturing by Mors Kochanski.
I should say that up to now, I've been an armchair bushcrafter and have no more experience than having camped with family some 50 (!!!!!!) yrs ago.
(I look much younger though). On the map there doesn't seem much boreal forest in the vicinity but, my question is, has anyone got any recommendations for sth else ? . I'm planning on living the life whilst doing a course and hope to be there for a month. At Karamat they offer a 7 day introduction.Thanks in advance . Nick ( Cambridge (( the non academic part)) ).

middlewolf

Feb 12, 2017
Portland, OR
Greetings from the Great Pacific North Wet (Oregon). Some perusing of the history of the Canadian "First Nations" might just pop up some "tidbits" that can lead you further in a study of what is there to see. We go to Vancouver Island, BC, and Alberta fairly regular and the net has produced some stuff far superior to the tourist info available. It works for me.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE