Molle packs

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

FerlasDave

Jun 18, 2008
Off the beaten track
Well, for a while now Ive been looking at some of the cheap molle packs on ebay Im sure alot have you have seen. These look really nice but Im unsure of their build quality, so I had a search around and found this; http://www.surplusandoutdoors.com/s...ghlander-reaper-25-litre-tactical-895951.html Well Ive had some highlander gear so I thought for 40 quid it cant be too bad Ill give it a go! Just ordered me one in desert tan. :)

Anyway just thought Id share my find and ask if anyone else had also bought any of these types of packs? wether they be cheap or expensive, share your molle pack in this thread!

billybob0987

Tenderfoot
Jul 19, 2011
Eastbourne
i have never had any dealings with surplus and outdoors but i think there are a couple of people on here who have mentioned having a hard time with them, just to warn you

i have more or less the same bag, but its one of the chinesse ones from ebay, probably what you were looking at, its a very good bag layout wise, and is perfect for my needs, but the build quality isnt brilliant, i have only had it for about three months and the middle pocket has already started splitting, plus it looks like other places might start going soon, but to be honest i wasnt expecting much as it was only £20, so for know i'm happy to keep patching it up

would be interested in how you get on with this one though, as i really do like the layout of my one, so a reasonably priced more sturdy one would be great, as theres no way i could afford the maxpedition one, could you post some pics and dimensions when you get it,

FerlasDave

Jun 18, 2008
Off the beaten track
I think you might be thinking of surplus and adventure? Surplus and outdoors is my local shop and a very good one at that.

Thanks for the info on eBay packs, I suspected they might be like that. I'll be sure to post some pics when I get mine.

jacko1066

Native
May 22, 2011
march, cambs
Im pretty sure he means surplus and adventure, my missus ordered me a knife off there for my birthday, she ordered iton the 20th july to be here for the 28th, to cut a long story short I waited a month for it and then they told us they are out of stock and could we wait another 2 weeks.

I asked for my money back and Im still waiting for my refund now, unfortunately my missus didnt pay using paypal!!

Also £8 postage and according to there sales department that price is bog standard second class delivery, so you dont even have to sign for your stuff when its delivered!!

Im sure some people have had some very good dealings with them, but for me I shall beavoiding them like the plague in future!!

Mkfats

Sep 15, 2011
UK
I've been eyeing up the Helikon molle packs from military1st (http://www.military1st.co.uk/pl-25l-po-11-helikon-molle-assault-pack-medium-coyote.html), I haven't actually tried one yet but the pics on their site make the bags look decent enough for £42ish. The cheaper ones I've seen on ebay look like they lack a huge amount of molle on the sides, it's mainly on the front pockets for show I guess. Seems like that'd throw the bags weight right back on the shoulders to me, I'd prefer the attachments to be side mounted.

Can't vouch for the specific packs but I've brought a couple of other bags from them like the ALICE they do and have been happy so far.

The Big Lebowski

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 11, 2010
Sunny Wales!
The pack in the link above is the one I use every other day.... Really well made and hard wearing.

It managed a 30 mile hike with 15kg's of kit, although I would choose something else next time!

Graveworm

Life Member
Sep 2, 2011
London UK
They are overkill for hiking or anything light duty but if you want indestructible, made to measure, modularity and an ability to manage heavy loads without any issues then Kifaru are about as good as you can get, but they are a long lead time and the price can make grown men cry.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE