maxpedition copying snugpak?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

gabrielsdad

Need to contact Admin...
Feb 6, 2012
north staffs
just having a look at some maxpedition range for the father in laws birthday. I came across a proteus, which is exactly the same as a snugpak response bag. The only difference is my response pack was £15 delivered. This was a whopping £54.99. What a rip off Ey? Im not very technical, so haven't got a li k. Just Google maxpedition proteus UK.

gabrielsdad

Need to contact Admin...
Feb 6, 2012
north staffs
Is it? Lol. Cheers for that, id just never seen the maxpedition proteus before. Then saw it 2 times in two days, so presumed it was pretty new out. I suppose in hindsight the rip off is always cheaper. lol

Squidders

Aug 3, 2004
Harrow, Middlesex
The maxpedition is far superior to the snugpak one too... better built and with better materials.

If you want the functionality with less of the cost the snugpak one is still a good buy though.

gabrielsdad

Need to contact Admin...
Feb 6, 2012
north staffs
Ive got a response pak atm, i dont think id invest more in such a small bag. Im looking for a good quality edc for my father in law. He's not really into bushy stuff. But is very active, id like to get him something to keep his ipad etc in. I know maxpedition is quality, ive just never seen the right model to suit me. They're a bit small a bit big or too many compartments.

Laurentius

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 13, 2009
Knowhere
You could argue that the response pack is the "peoples proteus" needless to say there are even cheaper copies but I suspect the possession of a decent sewing machine is a requirement if you buy them. The maxpedition stuff may be quality, but whether the price actually justifies it is a moot point, I have to wonder, there is nothing much wrong with the response pack.

mountainm

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 12, 2011
Selby
www.mikemountain.co.uk
You could argue that the response pack is the "peoples proteus" needless to say there are even cheaper copies but I suspect the possession of a decent sewing machine is a requirement if you buy them. The maxpedition stuff may be quality, but whether the price actually justifies it is a moot point, I have to wonder, there is nothing much wrong with the response pack.

The snugpak is sound - Trekkingnuts survived a 6 month jungle exped

just thought id let you all know that my snugpack happily survived the six months with zero damage due to wear and tear.

however, on pulling my parang out at speed, there is a small cut going across the seem of one of the small end pouches... but thats my fault eh.... they never advertised it as slash proof!!!! ;)

See the thread I linked below

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE