Look at how this fellow makes rope :)

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
I know, it's a youtube video, but if you watch about the minute mark onwards, the man who is operating the coir ropemaking machine is setting things up, and he makes cordage by hand from the loose fibres. It's just the same way we make grass ropes from a pile of scythed green stuff.

cheers,
Toddy

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
Very cool machine, that; can you imagine the conniptions the H&S bods would have if they saw that in action over here though?

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Oh yes. Conniptions and bans and safeguards and everything else they were concerned about.

H&S makes our workforce a lot safer, and leads to healthier old age, but sometimes it really does muck things up for ease of use or for simple manufacturing.

M

Fadcode

Feb 13, 2016
Cornwall
Always amazes me how dedicated these workers are, no short cuts, obviously a boring job, yet they always seem happy at the outcome,and show a sort of dedication when carrying out the task.

Reactions: VaughnT

Robson Valley

Nov 24, 2014
McBride, BC
He made something with a thousand uses from a simple pile of raw fiber.
Has be a large measure of creative satisfaction in that.
I would like to see the magical part that was under cover. The fiber divider?

Just a little more creative and you can hang the H&S "necktie display model" over a branch of a nearby tree

Billy-o

Native
Apr 19, 2018
Canada
Love that. From the tensioner to the way the monofil works as an encourager, the whole thing is like an instrument

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE