In hospital

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Too true!
I really enjoy my arthritic knees and shoulder - the steroid injections into the joints are the high point - my bursar on my SI joint, kidney stones, failing memory (why should I remember everyones name anyway ... let them remember mine!), failing dental array, hair loss and every minor injury I ever had coming back to remind me of when, where and how little I bothered about it in the past...
Youth of today don't know what they have in store for them but we can sit and watch them out jogging, playing rugby and carrying big packs over huge distances and silently chant "you'll be sorreeeeee!"
Some of the best fun I have these days :)

woodstock

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 7, 2007
off grid somewhere else
I ripped the tendons in my knee falling down the grey mares tail walking in Scotland still gives me jip, now I have to deal with is chronic psoriasis, and a damaged shoulder by my partner knocking me of my bike to which I have to have physiotherapy, the Q. is should I sue no win....

woodstock

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 7, 2007
off grid somewhere else
Too true!
I really enjoy my arthritic knees and shoulder - the steroid injections into the joints are the high point - my bursar on my SI joint, kidney stones, failing memory (why should I remember everyones name anyway ... let them remember mine!), failing dental array, hair loss and every minor injury I ever had coming back to remind me of when, where and how little I bothered about it in the past...
Youth of today don't know what they have in store for them but we can sit and watch them out jogging, playing rugby and carrying big packs over huge distances and silently chant "you'll be sorreeeeee!"
Some of the best fun I have these days :)

Hi John I don't suppose you remember leaving all your kit to me in your will, I have the document here written in crayon but it is signed JF.

Janne

Sent off - Not allowed to play
Feb 10, 2016
Grand Cayman, Norway, Sweden
Too true!
Some of the best fun I have these days

Last edited:

Arya

Settler
May 15, 2013
Norway
I wish you a speedy recovery! Knee trouble is no joke. Good luck with your healing process 😊

Sent fra min HUAWEI TIT-L01 via Tapatalk

Leshy

Jun 14, 2016
Wiltshire
I am taking pain meds now. The modern ones are useless, no buzz, just a superb pain relief!
Knee swollen.
Going back to work on Monday no matter what.
Not a doctor here, but you must have been advised to have a week of rest and at least 4 weeks of physiotherapy exercises right?

Not sure what type of work you do , but if it's manual work , I suggest you follow the advice.
I've had my right knee done , similar problem to yours , and it's good as new now.
A colleague of mine ignored advice, never did physio , and now the problem is compounded...

Get some rest Janne

Janne

Sent off - Not allowed to play
Feb 10, 2016
Grand Cayman, Norway, Sweden
Not a doctor here, but you must have been advised to have a week of rest and at least 4 weeks of physiotherapy exercises right?

Not sure what type of work you do , but if it's manual work , I suggest you follow the advice.
I've had my right knee done , similar problem to yours , and it's good as new now.
A colleague of mine ignored advice, never did physio , and now the problem is compounded...

Get some rest Janne[/

Last edited:

Pepper16

Jan 16, 2017
Derbyshire
Shoild you be going back so soon? I would have advised my patients not to go back too early. Take the time to do your physio, strengthen your muscles and re-learn to walk correctly otherwise ou will be back to square one! Good luck

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE