How sad is this?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

salan

Nomad
Jun 3, 2007
Cheshire
Hi All,
We have just done the weekly shopping at Morrisons. nothing unusual about that. Except that I was looking at a tin of condoms and thinking that the container would make a good little stove. Now how sad is that!!!
Not interested in the contents, just the tin!!!
I know I am married and 50 but that is getting really sad lol
Alan

Last edited:

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
It certainly is!
The condoms would make good elastics for a catapult, water carriers, disposable drybags for camera or phone etc, dust covers for rifle muzzles etc etc....
Though I think there is another use as well......
John (married, 53 years old)

sxmolloy

Mar 22, 2006
lancashire, north west england
I think there is a way to light fire with a condom, filling it with water and using it like a magnifying glass, not that I have tried it!

I'm sure I read somewhere that a condom can also be used to keep your tinder dry.

gregorach

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 15, 2005
Edinburgh
I found myself wandering around Sainsbury's sizing up tins for a woodgas stove recently... And I have to admit that when I made my pop-can stove from two Red Bull cans, I could only stomach the contents of one of them. ;)

Jaysurfer

Settler
Dec 18, 2008
Somerset, UK
Hi All,
We have just done the weekly shopping at Morrisons. nothing unusual about that. Except that I was looking at a tin of condoms and thinking that the container would make a good little stove. Now how sad is that!!!
Not interested in the contents, just the tin!!!
I know I am married and 50 but that is getting really sad lol
Alan

Tell you what Alan, you buy it and keep the tin and i'll take the contents off you...
Luckily i am young enough to have use for them ;-)

J

Paul_B

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 14, 2008
Cumbria
At your age Allan its good you still remember what the contents are for!! :D :D :D

It is fun going round supermarkets looking for tins to make stuff out of. I must admit I tent to concentrate on the coffee and powedered milk areas. I'd never have thought to look for condom tins! The last thing you'd want surely is to need a tin opener to get a rubber! Still Alan, its a good sign that you were looking at that shelf, still life in the old dog afterall.

Morrisons you say! Hmmm!

g4ghb

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 21, 2005
Wiltshire
:lmao: love it! - however.........

DARN YOU! :aargh4: - now i'll just HAVE to have a look for the tin myself!!!!!!
whistlev.gif

I'm a sucker for a nice tin - shame the contents are of little use too! :(

tytek

Forager
Dec 25, 2009
Leeds
I'm going to have to go off to morrison's now to have a look!!!

As for the condoms - I'll give them to my 16yo lad. I can't remember the last time I slipped into one of those disgusting things!!!

jonajuna

Banned
Jul 12, 2008
s
40 married and ive been sorted by the surgeons knife! ;)

although, even though i do sex ed and related stuff for work, i never knew you could get condoms in a tin! we just get them by the pallet load :eek:

Bumpy

Forager
Apr 18, 2008
West Yorkshire
Had a very similar experience in the CO-OP yesterday - with a small tin of 3 condoms, and I was also busy considering other uses for the tin (keep tinder dry , cardboard & wax stove etc). The really really sad thing is that I could not justify buying it and it only had 3 in!!!!
Married 20 years this year... actually I might go back and check use by date - might use one this year on wedding anniversary! And I could use another to waterproof my mobile...

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE