How many nights camping out in 2011?

• Thread starter ex member coconino
  • Start date
  • Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
E

ex member coconino

Use this thread to keep your running total of nights camping out in 2011. It's not a competition, just for fun. To boost our totals I reckon we should include any nights spent in a tent or hammock, under a tarp, in a bivi, whatever, even if it's festivals or in the garden, as long as it's not in a building, caravan or trailer.

I'll kick off:

resnikov

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
2 so far.
January - Hammock - Back Garden
Febuary - Hammock - Wood I have permission to use
March - Bivi - Back Garden

My new years resolution was to sleep out at least once a month so should have at the minimum 12 here by the end of the year.

Last edited:

Woody110

Mod
Mod
Mar 8, 2009
Leeds, Yorkshire
I have 30 nights planed between now and mid August.
I am also hoping to get another 10-15 in before August.

And all that with a three year old. I must be mad!!!

Nonsuch

Life Member
Sep 19, 2008
Scotland, looking at mountains
There might be an interesting formula here

Total spend year-to-date on bushcraft gear
____________________________________ = KQQ*

Total nights camping out year to date

(* Kit Queen Quotient)

My own is currently infinite

NS

E

ex member coconino

I just worked out that I spent 44 nights out last year, if I include five at Big Chill festi. The other 39 were out and about in woods or fields. I doubt I'll do that many that this year but I can always hope.

E

ex member coconino

Just the one so far. Although it was nearly -30 that night, so does it count double?

Yes it probably should! Coldest I've camped in was certainly below -8, which was what someone's thermometer read next day. My friend reckoned it was -12, which I could believe. But -30! Brrrr!

Re the bothies, above, I reckon they should count at least half, it doesn't seem fair to leave them out. Honestly, folks should count what they think qualifies within the spirit of the thing. If someone's hiked all day though hail and thistles to reach a draughty caravan, who am I to say that shouldn't count?

bivouac

Forager
Jan 30, 2010
Three Counties
Oh dear. This is one of those threads that is going to make me feel very self-conscious. I haven't slept outside at all yet this year but i'm telling myself that it's quality not quantity that counts. :)

ex-member Raikey

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 4, 2010

one at middlewood

one in my local wood

can i squeeze a third in the car on monday night....i did take a tent, but the guy in the premier inn car park kept looking at me funny!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE