Horse People with Alexandra Tolstoy ,

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Matt.S

Native
Mar 26, 2008
Exeter, Devon
Very interesting program. I'm sure when she turned up they thought their ship had come in! ;) I see what you mean about 'the real world'! I was surprised and a little upset about the way they slaughtered the old mare though.

firecrest

Mar 16, 2008
uk
I thought the horse slaughter was quite sad, but there cannot be many effective ways to kill a strong fighting animal that are as swift as what they did. I think even if we accept the eating of animals as part of life, it doesnt mean we shouldnt feel upset when they die.
I really enjoyed the program though, and I loved their straight attitudes.
"do you feel sorry for your horses when they have to be put down?"
"why would I, we all go there"

Matt.S

Native
Mar 26, 2008
Exeter, Devon
I thought the horse slaughter was quite sad, but there cannot be many effective ways to kill a strong fighting animal that are as swift as what they did.

Rifle, shotgun, pistol, bow, spear, two lassos lashed tight to different posts largely immobilizing her allowing a swift axe-blow to the head... then I suppose they have been doing this for generations and picked up a few wrinkles in their time so there must be a reason why they do what they do.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE