1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hilltrek ventile windshirt colours?

Discussion in 'Clothing & Footwear' started by Highbinder, Mar 8, 2011.

1. Highbinder

Highbinder Full Member

Curious to know what the Stone and Bronze braemar windshirts look like as they're not shown on the website. Does anyone have a pic they could show me? I'm assuming Stone is a fancy name for grey and Bronze is a fancy name for brown?

2. kiltedpict

kiltedpict Native

Not sure but I am picking up a custom modded jacket from them next week. I could ask if I can take a couple of photos and email them to you if you'd like?

3. fred gordon

fred gordon Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)

Really nice people at Hilltrek. I'm sure if you e-mail or give them a call they would send you a sample of the colours.

4. Highbinder

Highbinder Full Member

Yep yep just spoke to one of their chaps, will arrange for some swatchs. Pity they don't do the full range of colours tho I'd love a smock in 'earth'.

5. Nonsuch

Nonsuch Full Member

I have an antique bronze Ventile garment or two and it is basically desert tan. I'm not sure why but it's not a colour I like wearing in the UK. I think Stone is basically light grey. Earth looks very nice. If I were getting my Hilltrek stuff made again I would try to talk them into doing it in Earth. The Romanian guy on ebay is doing Earth Ventile smocks.

You can always source some seconds Earth Ventile fabric from Talbot direct and send it to Hilltrek to make up, or to SASSkit for that matter

#5 Nonsuch, Mar 13, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2011
  6. Highbinder

Highbinder Full Member

Now that's a good idea. I like OD but it feels like most of my stuff is that colour. My wool thermals, 2 wooly jumpers, a microfleece, my smock, are all OD. Would be nice to get some variety.