Hey

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

scrumps

Apr 8, 2012
Aberdeen
Hey all,

My name is Taylor and I live in Aberdeen. I only really started getting into wild camping last year, despite living in Scotland for a long time...shameful I know!

As a youngster, I often went camping with the folks and throughout the years I have camped a fair few times but always on camp sites. Although I always fancied going wild, I never really did anything about it.

Being a dog owner, taking holidays had become increasingly rare for me as I hate leaving her so, I decided that wild camping could also be a solution to this problem...I just take the dog with me.

So, I consider last year to be the real start to my camping career. I managed to get out 5 times to Bennachie, Mar Lodge and Banffshire. Thoroughly enjoyed all 5 trips.

The first trip was practically glamping i.e. completely and totally over packed and my back paid the price for it. Over the course of the summer I managed to drastically reduce my pack and become fairly good at living by the outdoor code. Now I am looking to gain knowledge and skills to build on the little I've taught myself.

I've been enjoying reading the site so far. It's a great site with lots of info and seems like a friendly place to hang out.

So, yeah, that's me. Apologies if you fell asleep during my intro but for some reason I felt compelled to share my inexperience with you all. Perhaps it was a subconscious effort to try and avoid looking like a fool at a later date!

kiltedpict

Native
Feb 25, 2007
Banchory
Hello from Banchory! Welcome to BCUK- check out the North East Scotland stuff- we have a meet in a couple of weeks... I'll see if I can post a link!

http://www.bushcraftuk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=84713

scrumps

Apr 8, 2012
Aberdeen
Thanks for the welcome and the link. I was reading the Scotland North section earlier and the meet sounds really good. I think I might just go and post my interest now!

Wayland

Hárbarðr
sign0016.gif

mousey

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 15, 2010
NE Scotland
Hi Hi

It seems there's a fair few in the N.E. [although I haven't actually met any of them yet - hopefully that'll be ammended]

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE