Hello from Preston England

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

ValeTudoGuy

Nomad
Mar 8, 2017
Preston, England
Hi everyone, I'm Marc 33 from Preston, Lancs.

I have been into the outdoors for as long as I can remember: Fishing, Shooting, Camping, Kayaking, Hiking, Mountain Biking... Etc. I havent really done as much as I would like since having my first kid 6 years ago.

My eldest Jack is starting to get the outdoor itch and has been asking me to take him to do more outdoor stuff and he even likes some of the Bushcraft youtube channel's, we like watching MCQ and Zed outdoors together along with some others.

Anyway, I found this place and it looks like theres some great content here, so we (Jack and I... He's only 6 so he can't have an account. Lol) thought we should sign up and introduce ourselves.

It will be great to get to know some like minded people.

See you around

Marc & Jack aka The Jackal :)

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
Evening :)

I recognise that username from BB. There's lots here to try, and one of the nicer things is everyone has a different way of doing things, so you can choose your preferred method. I confess to using the occasional firelighter and matches to get my fire going. Not always, but sometimes it makes a camp out so much more enjoyable if time isn't on your side late afternoon or the weather is against you. Other times I'll feather sticks and gather tinder, and make pointy sticks or a spoon because that's about the limit of my carving skills.

ValeTudoGuy

Nomad
Mar 8, 2017
Preston, England
Thanks for the welcome!

Yes I'm the same ValeTudoGuy (VTG) from BB. Funny you should mention fire starting, thats what I have been teaching Jack over the last couple weeks. We have a big box of possible tinders and have been using a firesteel and waxing our own matches to waterproof them.

Up to now we like Birch Bark, Cotton Wool/Dryer Lint & Petrolium Jelly and Dry Teasel tops.

I have been collecting Horse Hoof Polypore this week while working so that will be a new one for both of us this weekend. Im still on the lookout for some Cramp Balls but having no luck around here... My mum lives down in Hants though and I saw loads of it while out walking there, just wish I had thought to grab some.

Leshy

Jun 14, 2016
Wiltshire
Hello and welcome Marc and Jackal 😁 ...

I've got some crampballs i can send you bud.
I'd be happy to trade for some horse hoof fungus, but if you havent got spare to trade, no worries I'll send you some anyways...👍

Drop us a PM and we'll sort it .

Welcome to BCUK

ValeTudoGuy

Nomad
Mar 8, 2017
Preston, England
I only have a couple of horse hoof right now. But im more than happy to send it to you as it didnt take me too long to find, so I assume it's fairly readily available up here and I will be looking for more anyway.

I can't yet vouch for weather the stuff I have picked is good or not though (I have never picked it before), but you are absolutely welcome to it and some more if/when I find them.

ValeTudoGuy

Nomad
Mar 8, 2017
Preston, England
Ha, I'm very close to the Pig and Whistle on Blackpool Road. Small world!

Have a look at the woods in the crematorium, the Guild Wheel section that runs to the right of the Crem buildings, you should find Cramp Balls there. The dotted line that runs towards Ribble is the path you need.

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@53.7863846,-2.6390377,16z

Haha, I estimate that you live a few hundred meters from me at most then.

I will check it out, thank you! Oh and the crem is only a couple miles from where I work too. Happy days

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE