Hello from Los Angeles

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

JakeR

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 18, 2004
Cardiff
Hi Guys,

Im in LA!

I know i am getting around a bit, but, well, cardiff just aint doing it fro me at the moment.

So, im staying with my girlfriend out here in hollywood hills for a while, whilst doing a journalism course for the UCLA. Im hoping to make it back to spain for late march, need to continue studies there. Via Cardiff. Maybe.

Just thought i'd check in!

Hasta Luego

Jake

ps...i do miss teh quaintness of the UK (never thought i'd say that), LA is too much.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Hello wanderer :)
Is it as dry as it looks on film, out there? It'd make a heck of a difference from a damp UK Spring........though that's been really very prettily cold around here to be honest :D
Sounds like all good experiences for your studies, all this rambling around the globe.

atb,
Toddy

JakeR

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 18, 2004
Cardiff
I'll never escape that one, no matter how many thousands of miles i am away! :p

I'll be honest, i don't like this place. It's like a sprawling, consumer, concrete jungle. Everyone has SUV's (my girlfriend included :rolleyes: ), and EVERYONE drives EVERYWHERE. I walked down to hollywood blvd the otherday (the one with all the stars), and i was getting funny looks. I was walking. (i also had two earrings which is apparently a bit gay, and i was smoking a roll-up which apparently is also a bit gay, i also had a big curly jew-fro, which could be a bit gay).

The blvd is a funny place, i must have had "BRITISH TOURIST" on my forehead. Im too polite, see. I kept being offered credit cards, tours, tickets, pamphlets and the rest. Everytime, i couldn't not talk to them. Didn't feel proper! Also, they are overtly polite. I walked into some shop and someone screamed at me, running, "HELLO SIR!!! HOW ARE YOU FEELING?!?!?!", "im, urrrrr, ok....ta". This happened in every place.

But, she's got a big, beautiful house in the hollywood hills, so im happy as larry. Still don't quite know how a 19yr olf cardiff jew hooked up with an actress. I pinch myself sometimes.

More stories as i experience them!

Jake

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE