Got a piece of leather...

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

TheViking

Native
Jun 3, 2004
What to use it for? It's fairly thin, about 60 x 45 cm long/wide and brown. It's too thin for knifesheaths, and i prefer to use shirt pockets instead of PP. :)

Anyone got some ideas?

cheers

ScottC

Banned
May 2, 2004
uk
Strop? Might be useful for something big like an axe or golok. And you could cut some off to make a sugar bag or something for journeys and make a leather drawcord for it.

TheViking

Native
Jun 3, 2004
Strop isn't a bad idea, but i have one already. The sugar bag (or whatever one wishes to put in it) is a good idea too one to consider. :)

cheers

andyn

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 15, 2005
Hampshire
www.naturescraft.co.uk
Great thread :D

ScottC said:
you could cut some off to make a sugar bag or something for journeys and make a leather drawcord for it.

Talking of leather pouches/bags.....Can any one direct me to somewhere where I could find a template or instructions on making such things?

I too have an amount of leather to "play" with, but have no idea where to start. Never really paid any attention in textile lessons at school :p

ScottC

Banned
May 2, 2004
uk
I did find a very good website for these sort of things a while back, I will try to find it for you. :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE