Gallery pictures showing in threads only intermittently

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

relfy

Nomad
Relating to this thread: http://bushcraftuk.com/forum/showthread.php?p=675226#post675226

The pictures are from this album http://bushcraftuk.com/forum/album.php?albumid=33

For some reason, the pictures show sometimes and not others, both for mine and mesquite's who also posted the same ones up on the same thread. I don't think it can be the code as I copied it from the bottom of the picture and if it were wrong they wouldn't show at all. The album is set to public viewing.
Please would anyone be able to help me with this?

relfy

Nomad
.....................@.. tumble weed ;)

I consulted with my geeky IT sister (cyclingrelf) who says it has to be a problem with the website that end and you probably already know about it. Still, it'd be nice to have some sort of response?

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
Not sure what the issue is here, they're showing up for me ok. Do you mean that sometimes they just don't show up, nothing there at all? Or does it leave some message about the picture?

relfy

Nomad
Yes, thanks for getting back - sometimes they are there and sometimes just nothing at all. Toddy couldn't see them, then she logged out, then back in, and could follow the link to the gallery (I put up a separate url because of people saying they couldn't see the pics)... I'm not sure if she meant she couldn't see the link before then as well.
When the pictures don't show, there isn't even any code, or link or anything - its as if I just forgot to post them. Same with Mesquite's.
I could see them all yesterday evening, but then this morning they'd gone again. Same when i am logged in or not. And everyone else who replied said the same, that they couldn't see them, then they could.

Last edited:

relfy

Nomad
Any luck with this Tony? Still not viewing sometimes for me, especially if not logged in. Sorry, I don't mean to nag, it doesn't seem like a big thing, but it sort of feels like something I'd like sorted as - well - with that particular post I had high hopes that someone might be able to answer a mystery of several years. And then that's likely to be similar with a lot of the photos I want to post - there isn't a lot of point posting otherwise.

Could it be something to do with the new gallery? As I think my photos posted ok when I was linking them in from flickr.

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
it seems that it's something to do with being logged in and able to see the gallery, if that's ok then they show up for the person viewing, if not then it doesn't, i'll have a look deeper into this.

relfy

Nomad
it seems that it's something to do with being logged in and able to see the gallery, if that's ok then they show up for the person viewing, if not then it doesn't, i'll have a look deeper into this.

Oh ok - that's interesting. Something to do with permissions then? I did have a problem when I first arrived with not being allowed to log in - actually I didn't resolve that until I talked to Ed at the moot last year. Could it be related? - the server thinks I might lead people astray! :) Thanks so much for investigating. I'm not very good at knowing about computery stuff at all!!!

..... If it is better I don't mind using an external site to post on threads?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE