Fancy an Authentic Viking Ship?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Stringmaker

Native
Sep 6, 2010
UK
Well you can have one, courtesy of the Roskilde Viking Ship Museum who will make you one:

"If you’ve ever dreamed of powering through the waves on a Viking longboat like Ragnar Lothbrok, axe at your side, ready to terrorise some unsuspecting Englishmen, then stow away your pillow and dream no further."

http://cphpost.dk/news/museum-selling-viking-ships-to-the-public.9692.html

Here's your options:

http://culturenordic.com/products-page/the-viking-ship-museum/a-viking-ship/

"Prices are provided upon request."

Must be worth a group buy!

HillBill

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 1, 2008
W. Yorkshire
Wonder if these prices include postage....:lmao:

Skuldelev 6

(12 meters, 7 pair of oars and sail): €250,000 - €400,000

The Large Gokstad
(10 meters, 6 pair of oars and sail): €113,000 – €160,000
The Little Gokstad
(6,5 meters, 2 pair of oars, sail): €33,000 – 53,000

Stringmaker

Native
Sep 6, 2010
UK
What I liked was the "add to bag" button, as if you were just buying a length of paracord for a couple of quid.

"Honey I bought a boat!"

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
In short, no.

Everyone has a replica Viking ship these days, its like owning an AC Cobra kitcar.

Give me my junk.

tamoko

Jun 28, 2009
Zuerich
bushcraftru.com
Not interested to own one, and I don't have enough experience in sailing large historical ships, but it was very interesting option to make "bushcraft viking trip" on ships like this, somewhere across Norwegian coast.

Stringmaker

Native
Sep 6, 2010
UK
I've been to the Roskilde Museum and sailed on the fjord in one of their replica ships.

What I like about the "mail order ship" is that it is built by people who know what they are doing, on the site where their ancestors have been building ships before them.

It is the continuity of the craft that appeals; anyone can build a "replica" held together with 6-inch nails and caulked with insulating foam, but one of these oozes Viking tradtion.

Tor helge

Settler
May 23, 2005
Northern Norway
www.torbygjordet.com
How about a Nordlandsboat instead. Probably a lot cheaper and an "modern" heir to the viking ship.

ferdig3ogenhalvsomsfering.jpg

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE