Dave Budd blade, scales and wood sheath by Rev G

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Reverend Graham

Life Member
Jul 2, 2012
Grimsby
First off, sorry about the quality of the photos.

I got the blade off Dave at the BushMoot this year, and wanted to do something 'original' with it, so the scale are in a lovely red coloured yew tree that was felled from a church in nearby Louth, the colouring comes from the nails that have been hammered in over the last 60 or 70 years and absorbed by the tree. I wanted to give it a rustic feel as its not a polished blade.

IMG-20130828-00077.jpg

IMG-20130828-00075.jpg

The sheath is from a different part of the same tree, a nice vanilla yellow colour, with a leather spacer between the two faces, and a double safety feature to secure the knife in the sheath.

IMG-20130828-00079.jpg

IMG-20130828-00080.jpg

The whole thing was then walnut oiled over several days, the only cost incured was the price of the blade all the bits were just scraps of wood, leather and fittings I had spare, it's now my goto knife when 'out-there'

Hope it inspires others to give it a go, and if you don't like it, I don't really care :)

Rev G

Reverend Graham

Life Member
Jul 2, 2012
Grimsby
Dave, not done a wooden one before this, with a little thought, they are quite easy to make :)

I still have quite a bit of the red yew left, I'll put some to the side for you.

Rev G

Paddytray

Settler
Jul 11, 2012
basingstoke
I knew it was you , either that or something else told me you was shifty . Lmao . It was on my shirt . Oh it's on Bushmoot 2014 I shall have my revenge . Its still a lovely knife by the way :thumbup:

Paddytray .;

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE