Civilised camping in Northumberland/Alnwick area

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

match

Settler
Sep 29, 2004
Edinburgh
I'm planning a camping trip with some friends in a few weeks time - where my friends have requested staying on an actual campsite with a minimum of a toilet block, rather than just slinging a hammock in a bit of woodland :)

The problem is, I hate the typical British campsite, consisting of row upon row of tents and caravans, like a little village, with screaming kids and barking dogs and stereos and far too many people.

So the question is - does anyone know of any small friendly campsites in this area that are of a more relaxed persuasion, nicely set in the countryside, where getting far away from 'civilisation' is a possibility?

Hope you guys can suggest something! :D

never been up alnwick way, but i used to live in northumberland, and all i can say is good luck trying to find a "civilised" campsite up there that isn't on the edge of a village and full of kids, dogs and caravans (not that i'm saying kids are a bad thing per se, but the types you get at this sort of campsite usually are).

the last proper campsite i stayed in was in the lake district in the middle of summer a few years ago, and i decided never again! :lol:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE