Carving Axe

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

SussexRob

Dec 26, 2010
East Grinstead
Hi All,

I'm slowly getting into a bit of carving, starting with spoons, and other small projects.

I'm after a carving axe, but wasn't looking to spend a fortune. I had intended in shelling out for a Robin Wood Carving axe, but he's out of stock, and I've yet to hear when stock will be available again.

The GB Large carving axe looks like a nice piece of kit, but brand new is a little more than I'd like to spend right now.

If anyone has a Carving Axe that they are looking to sell, let me know.

Rob

punkrockcaveman

Jan 28, 2017
yorks
Hi Rob. I would highly recommend saving your hard earned for a good axe. I can't speak highly enough about the gransfors axes, but I bought mine a while back the prices seem a lot higher now. I've heard great things about the robin wood axe and I'm sure they are around £40 which is a bargain if they live up to the hype.

If you must have an axe then take a look at the Husqvarna hatchet. Shop around and you will get one posted for £20. Mine has been really well handled. But, I've had some issues with the edge, you get what you pay for. Personally, I'd go the robin wood route If I were in your shoes.

Limaed

Apr 11, 2006
Perth
I've got a RH large GB carving axe in excellent condition I would sell for £75. PM me if you're interested.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE