Campsite Recommendation in Norfolk

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Fluffydave

Jan 29, 2014
Croydon, Uk
Hi All,

I'm a huge fan of Badgell's Wood in Kent, but for our next trip my wife has suggested we try to find somewhere nearby my parents in Thetford / Norfolk, so we can drop in on them and kill two birds with one stone.

The problem is I just can't seem to find anything that's not a field full of caravans or aimed at families with children. I had a quick flick through the recommendations sticky but couldn't see anything.

So ... can anyone recommend a campsite like Badgell's wood but within an hour or so of Thetford:

Campfire Allowed
Forest
Quiet
No Electric / Off Grid

Any help would be appreciated but tbh, I'm on the verge of giving up and just going to Badgell's again ;)

Van-Wild

Feb 17, 2018
UK
I'm from near that neck of the woods. I'm afraid you'll not find a campsite that fits yours needs near Thetford ol' chap. Most of it is army training ground especially to the north. But you can wild camp if you're discreet.......

If it were I who was going that way, I'd maybe head north of Fornham All Saints or maybe somewhere on the fringes of the army training grounds..... they're normally nice and quiet.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE