bushcraft encyclopaedia????????

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

abushcrafter

Nomad
Aug 23, 2007
Chilterns
I was wondering about how about we as a community :grouphug: we put together a bushcraft encyclopaedia. This would include good articles :approve: of the net and if people want they can write articles for it. Plus there website names/authors should be with that article.:approve:

So people can do what they what with it. It should be in a range of formats.:approve:

This is a rough Idea at the moment but would people like to do that? :dunno:

andy_e

Native
Aug 22, 2007
Scotland
In a sense this site is already that, what might be an idea to get it closer to what you might consider a more recognisable encyclopaedia format would be to have an index of key words/phrases linked to the search facility that searched the forums, the articles and the reviews sections, perhaps with the ability to score the results on relevancy to that search.

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
there's wiki that needs to go live that will be linked into Bushcraft UK in the near future, it's been on the cards for a while and with the development of the site it got put on hold for a bit.

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
I was wondering about how about we as a community put together a bushcraft encyclopaedia. This would include good articles :approve: of the net and if people want they can write articles for it.

I'm not quite sure what you mean? If you mean "copy articles from the net", that would clearly be illegal. If you mean "provide a series of links to other peoples sites", thats pretty much a search engine results page. A bushcraft enclyopedia can only include material the owner has permission to use or links to other sites. I reckon Tony has both of those pretty well covered (although a Wiki would be good)

Red

abushcrafter

Nomad
Aug 23, 2007
Chilterns
If you mean "provide a series of links to other peoples sites", thats pretty much a search engine results page. A bushcraft enclyopedia can only include material the owner has permission to use or links to other sites.

I ment with the material owners permission otherwise links which unlike a search engine they will always be there

abushcrafter

Nomad
Aug 23, 2007
Chilterns
what dose the Moved bit mean? which is in the title on bushcraft chatter page?

"Moved: bushcraft encyclopedia????????" :confused: :confused:

http://www.bushcraftuk.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=6

moved%20forum%20Q.jpg

also surely having 1 large book with every thing in it is a good Idea?

big_swede

Native
Sep 22, 2006
W Yorkshire
Please, can you restrain yourself on the smileys? It :approve: does :twak: kind :argue: of :eek: make :nutkick: the text :buttkick: hard to :nutkick: read.:sulkoff: Why do you feel you need to clotter up your text?

The wiki seems like a good idea, I've been thinking of that for some time.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE