Bothy/Hall needed - central Scotland

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

match

Settler
Sep 29, 2004
Edinburgh
Slightly random request, but I reckon BCUKers might be able to help me with this one.

I help organise the Beltane Fire Society's Beltane and Samhuinn festivals (http://www.beltane.org for more info). Before each event, I take the drumming group I lead away for a weekend - the aim is a mixture of drumming, group bonding, getting outdoors etc.

This year we're going away the weekend of the 21st Oct - however the place we usually go to is no longer available. Does anyone know of a site that could hold around 20 people, has some kind of indoor area (a hall/bothy/barn) that could be used for drumming practices (i.e not quiet residential area - we're often practicing into the wee small hours :rolleyes: ) and maybe sleeping in (although camping is always an option), preferably with some cooking facilities and toilets (if we're lucky). Oh and cheap as well :)

Any suggestions greatly appreciated!

locum76

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Oct 9, 2005
Kirkliston
hi match.

im sure i know you because i did the beltaine as a beastie a couple of years ago.
how close to edinburgh does the bothy need to be?

match

Settler
Sep 29, 2004
Edinburgh
We've got transport so any distance up to say 2 hours drive would be ok - say Perth if going North, Loch Lomond if going west, the borders if heading south. Any suggestions gratefully appreciated!

demographic

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 15, 2005
-------------
Have you had a look HERE?

As far as I am aware you can get a map showing the location of the bothies if you sign up to the forum and pay a bit?

Might be worth a bash.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE