Bored, so I made this.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

mrcairney

Settler
Jun 4, 2011
West Pennine Moors
I was over at Paul Kirtleys blog last night and see's that he makes use of those RM canvas pouches. Since I had no easter eggs I thought I'd have a go and making the posh one since I could never see myself ever forking out for one. Made out of 16oz canvas and some leather scraps (I'll have to pick up some more thinner leather, I think the front patch would be more suited to much thinner stock.)

IMG_0035.jpgIMG_0036.jpgIMG_0038.jpgIMG_0039.jpgIMG_0040.jpg

Note: My fingers are very very sore from handstiching this! Also, it took me 10 hrs easily with a lot of swearing so maybe £45 isn't too pricey after all!

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Spend £45 on a sewing machine, make some pouches, flog em and you are on to a winner - with no more sore fingers on future personal projects:)

SCOMAN

Life Member
Dec 31, 2005
Perthshire
I've been thinking of doing this too, nice work. Don't suppose you have the sizes of the individual bits or fancy doing a tutorial.

mrcairney

Settler
Jun 4, 2011
West Pennine Moors
Thanks guys. I don't know know if I could do a tutorial as such but basically it's made up of 4 pieces and a 10 inch zip:

Sides: 11cm x 15cm and the top and bottom are 8cm x 26cm. You add 1cm to each edge (mark it in chalk and iron so you can see the crease) then sew it inside out using a running stitch. I did it twice for security.

Cue lots of swearing later and there you go.

Oh, the top piece with the zip is actually two pieces about 3.5cm wide each (a zip is roughly 1cm wide). Stare at the the RM pictures long and you'll get it.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE