Biker has gone international.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
no pics for us non-members! :(

Don't go blind.....

2987176720033885154S600x600Q85.jpg

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
Ah, I see she has a kayak rather than a canoe.

Very prudent

when did you last see a mermaid in a canoe?

Biker

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Hi Mayobushcraft, thanks for bringing this to my attention (And to Whittler Kev's for the PM directing me here.)

Just as described by Hushnel in his initial posting. I got quick a buzz out of doing this for that bunch, they seemed a nice bunch out and about like that, plus Betty hadn't appeared in a canoe yes so it was the perfect opportunity. I'd been meaning to search out the BCUSA forum to find out more but work stepped in the way and I've been so busy I hadn't got around to visiting.

Mayobushcraft, don't consider it sad to love a cartoon, just accept it and join the club! LOL!

Tengu, yeah Mermaids are even rarer sights in canoes/kayaks. Which in another reason why the bloke who contact me, Mike wanted a woman with legs. I've always been confused with the difference between a kayak and canoe. I assumed a kayak was one of those sealed fibreglass things that you wear a sort of skirt as you sit in it which seals the hole to keep out the water making it doubly bouyant. A canoe is what you'd imagine a Red Indian paddling about it. Whichever it is I know I'd end up getting wet in one. I have lousy sea legs, last time I was in a kayak I capsized it 4 times in the sea. Last time I ended upsidedown with my face buried in the sand, kayak on top of me and the waves crashing over me. I panicked because I couldn't get out but somehow I did get out grazing skin off my thighs in the process, never to return. I'm strictly a pedaloe man now.

SBreen. Know what you mean, I much prefer working in black and white. Mike the US geezer had colourised it to make it a bit more vibrant against the colours of a canoe. As far as I know the image posted above is just a rough version, the shading and tones need to be added yet... at least that was the plan. Maybe things have changed. I've been fiddling about with a colour version of my own which I may get around to finishing one day.

Pete B, thanks for your comment over there, really glad you're spotting those little details I add into my drawings, I do try.

Thanks for your comments folks and your appreciation of Bushcraft Betty. She'll be back next week.

Biker

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE