Bernwood forest

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

rich59

Maker
Aug 28, 2005
London
A web search revealed - Much coppice and flower meadows encouraging - butterflies. Fallow and muntjac deer are reported. There seem to be a number of wild service trees that are a sign of long standing native woodland. I found little references to fox or badger.

amott69

Forager
Nov 14, 2005
Kidlington, Oxfordshire
cheers rich.I did try a search but did'nt find much of interest just lots of stuff about butterfly.I went to bernwood forest on saturday and saw a deer but was'nt sure if it was fallow deer or not, as i did'nt get a good look at it i just thought it was to big to be a roe deer. cheers once again mate.

leon-b

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
May 31, 2006
Who knows
amott69 said:
cheers rich.I did try a search but did'nt find much of interest just lots of stuff about butterfly.I went to bernwood forest on saturday and saw a deer but was'nt sure if it was fallow deer or not, as i did'nt get a good look at it i just thought it was to big to be a roe deer. cheers once again mate.
if it was a fallow i think it would have white spots, but the coat may change at this time of year i dont know so i could be rong
leon

cartran

Apr 7, 2012
bicester
Went to Bernwood yesterday(good friday) ref badgers, if you take the main footpath from the car park right to to the end,next to the M40 you will find the old deserted army rifle ranges where there are many collapsed brick buildings. in amongst these you will find a huge badger set, surprising considering how noisey it is.
Very few people there yesterday, saw a muntjac, loads of squirrals, jays and a pair of great tits.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE