Are the Gov trying to remove our right to an allotment...????

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

GGTBod

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 28, 2014
They won't be happy until we are totally dependant on them for everything,watch that new kids animation called The Nut Job, badger is govt

Signed BTW ;)

boatman

Feb 20, 2007
Cornwall
Remember that in the nineteenth century some Vicars preached against allotments on the grounds that it made the labouring classes too independent. A return to Victorian values.

woodstock

Apr 7, 2007
off grid somewhere else
Just seen this on another forum.... worth signing if theres anything to it guys.

https://submissions.epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/61225

The local council in the West Midlands shut or repossessed allotment land a few years back and some of the others had to follow a very strict H&S policy with a increase in rents and you were asked to have a public liability insurance which put lots of the guys of as it seemed to much of a hassle, so when the numbers dwindled they grabbed the land back,They do not what people being self sufficient of food water or housing they would rather you go to one of their food BANKS.

didicoy

Mar 7, 2013
fens
I moved into this village 6 years ago. They have twice as many allotments as there is a requirement for. The Parish council subsidise the rent on each allotment, cover all legal expenses etc. We are very fortunate in that should the allotments need to be relocated to free up valuable land, there is plenty of alternative sites within the village. Some years ago, in an ex-mining village, I was on the allotment association management committee. The allotments were land locked in between commercial and residential developments on prime potential development land. The majority of the community wanted the allotments to be relocated and the land sold. Their argument was that residents from neighbouring villages made up the majority of allotment holders in the village. These allotment plots were also being subsidized through the rate paying community via the parish council.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE