Anyone remember an Essay by a Fur Trapper...?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Braidsta

Forager
Jul 29, 2013
Essex
500px.com
Wondering if anyone remembers an article linked on this forum some time ago, I can’t find it and never got to the end, and I really want to!
It was an account of working trapping lines, I think in Alaska. The guy went there a rookie and looked to be improving greatly as the essay went on. From memory, he met up with his grandad’s old mate up there, a pro trapper. It covered loads, down to the poundage of food he took and had dropped to him.
It was such a good read and somehow I lost my way to it. Written years ago I’m sure, but it could have been written today, timeless stuff.
A long shot indeed, but I’d be well grateful to anyone that remembers what I’m talking about.

Thanks!

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
I remember the article

As you said it's a very interesting article and I know I sent a link to Wayland about it some years ago but annoyingly I never saved it for myself :(

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE