Another North Devonian greeting

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

JoyR

Tenderfoot
Jan 31, 2009
North Devon
Hi all,

I'm Joy, 23 year old from North Devon.

I've lived a large percentage of my life outdoors, and have always revelled in being away from the crowd and as muddy as possible....without getting cold!

Have really got into bushcraft in the last year or so, though it's always interested me. I now make the most of my days off to get out, find new places, try new things.

Have been slowly accumulating decent kit, my main problem being lack of funds! But I'd far rather get stuff that will last me than keep re-buying every few years. Have just started pooling gear with a good friend, so we don't end up duplicating things we really only need one of currently! Still have a list as long as my arm of things I need/want though! Hoping to get some good info in kit from here - what I've seen has already been useful.

Well up for learning more, all topics really, but particularly wild food at the moment, as I will admit to being almost completely lacking in knowledge...not so good...

I tend to go out alone currently, for various reasons. Main one being that I don't know anyone else close enough who is interested! Would love to get out and meet a few people, get some new ideas, and have people to natter to while stringing up tarp etc!

Anyway, looking forward to getting to be a part of the community.

Joy

Sainty

Nomad
Jan 19, 2009
St Austell
Welcome to the forum Joy. Some great spots up your way, especially along the coast between Combe Martin and Minehead. Would definately be tempted if you wanted some company. :)

JoyR

Tenderfoot
Jan 31, 2009
North Devon
Welcome to the forum Joy. Some great spots up your way, especially along the coast between Combe Martin and Minehead. Would definately be tempted if you wanted some company. :)

Hi Sainty, I lived most of my younger life in Combe Martin, so I totally agree! Im always up for meeting up with other interested people, let me know any time you might be heading up this way, see if we can work something out! I'm hoping to get down to Cornwall RV in April, so may see you there?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE