Advice; BCU instructor?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

FerlasDave

Jun 18, 2008
Off the beaten track
Does anyone know anything about becoming a kayaking instructor? Or anywhere in the West midlands area easy to get to to do it? From what I can find on the web I would need to be BCU level1 or 2 to instruct but need to do a FRST first is this correct? Anyone got any help or advice? :)

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Find your local club and get help/tuition/experience from them :)
Why kayak - canoes are so much nicer :D
John - BCU level 4 open canoe coach ....:D

FerlasDave

Jun 18, 2008
Off the beaten track
I agree Jon, but I wouldnt be getting to places Id be showing groups how to kayak which would be awesome! Id love to inspire someone into a sport like that. Also, alot more people go kayaking than canoeing so; more interest = more instructors needed = more jobs = more work and money for me! :)

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Being a canoe coach lead me to a 6 month contract coaching in the South of France, 3month contract canoeing and leading expeds in Ghana and a couple of canoe decents of the Orange river in South Africa as well as coaching in England, Scotland and Wales ...the only overseas kayaking I ever got was a bit of exped work on the Croatian coast.... :D

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE