Access problems at work

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

P@ul

Forager
Jan 30, 2006
East Sussex
For the last 2/3 weeks I have been unable to access this site from my PC at work. All I get on the screen is "blocked", I assume that the security program at work is seeing a key word that it won't allow.

Is any body else having similar problems?:confused:

P@ul

Forager
Jan 30, 2006
East Sussex
It`s probably your work firewall blocking such words as knives etc

I'm sure your right, just can't understand why its only happened in the last few weeks. I was hoping that if enough people had the same problem it may be looked into.

Thanks for the prompt reply.

alpha_centaur

Settler
Jan 2, 2006
Millport, Scotland
Speak to your techie at work if your allowed to access forums etc and encourage(bribe) with biscuits or good coffee. Its amazing what you can get a techie to do for good coffee :D

And its not too difficult to allow access to a site...

Scots_Charles_River

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 12, 2006
paddling a loch
www.flickr.com
The filters get updated, I can ask for a particular site to be allowed but I have to be careful eg this site has knives, killing, blood, hunting, army etc etc so gets filtered out. Wouldn't want you tax payers paying for me to sit and surf the web at work anyway.

AndyW

Nomad
Nov 12, 2006
Essex
Hmmm I get problems too.

Not blocked completely, I have "quota time" as it's considered "social networking". It's just the way my firms monitoring software categorise it. I know the systems team well but don't want to have to call in any favours since it isn't blocked completely.

alpha_centaur

Settler
Jan 2, 2006
Millport, Scotland
I'm not allowed to access this site at all during my working hours, the staff all say that I'm far to weird as it is (ie I don't spend my weekends at the pub or playing bingo), and I have strange abnormal interests like walking, camping, fishing , hunting and pretty shiny knives amongst others.

How weird is that.

Tadpole

Nov 12, 2005
Bristol
I used to work with people from all over Europe and occasionally needed some help translating things ... so I would turn to Babelfish ... which was blocked because it had "babe" in the title :(
I have the same problem with babel fish, and with spiritofolds pictures as he/she/it hosts them on a site that has spirit in the web address, my work blocks any links to cults :lmao:

scoops_uk

Nomad
Feb 6, 2005
Jurassic Coast
Well at least you weren't explaining what a basha was at work. I did a quick search via google images and aside from a few open sided shelters I got a lady of exotic tastes and limited modesty going by the same name.

BCUK has been blocked at work for a while due to the number of knife discussions it's listed as a weapons site.

Scoops

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE