1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, We're having our annual Winter Moot and we'd love you to come. PLEASE LOOK HERE to secure your place and get more information.
    For forum threads CLICK HERE
    Dismiss Notice

A time for making moccasins

Discussion in 'Other Chatter' started by Bishop, Dec 22, 2018.

1. Bishop

Bishop Full Member

Or at least there will be when I finish tidying up! It's been a long day skinning this beast and there's still a fair bit left to do pulling off the fluff and removing staples from the leather but all the grisly work is done. Come the new year the fun begins :)
    IMAG3442.jpg IMAG3444.jpg IMAG3445.jpg

PS: as there's no way I will ever need all this leather some large pieces will be making there way to Swap-Shop if anybody is interested.

2. snappingturtle

How are you going to integrate the wood and springs?:p

Toddy likes this.
  3. Toddy

Toddy Mod
    Mod

:D

Looking forward to seeing what you make though :D

M

4. Bishop

Bishop Full Member

When a man has got wood at christmas, anything is possible :joyful:

There's half-inch baton that will slice up nicely for carving buttons. Some will become a shelf for the shed, with the nicer planed timber earmarked for a paddle strop or three. Chipboard rarely survives my disassembly technique yet this will find one last use in fire-starting faggots, so nothing is wasted even the floor sweepings.

Not really geared up for metal working so bashing a blade out of the serpentine springs is beyond me. There is however a healthy trade in them on Ebay for furniture restoration, failing that we still get a 'Rag & Bone' scrap metal collector doing the rounds. Steampunk shoulder straps, snowshoes, pot-stand, gate closer, more suggestions welcome lol

Polyester stuffing and open cell foam is saved for re-filling soft dog toys and cushions.

The staples, oh the chuffing staples! can be made into chain for hanging pots.